Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Observation Proposal

Observation Proposal

What I am observing are girls both in high school and in college. I am observing them because I want to figure out how girls in college are both similar and different from girls that are in high school. I plan on observing my subjects through the next two weeks, one age group of girls for each week.
I will observe girls in college for the first week. Then, I will be observing girls that are in high school the second week. During the first week of observations I will be going to numerous places around my campus. For a few of them I plan on going at least twice. Some of these places I plan on going to are the Dinning Common, the Wilson Café, and the Ely Center. For the second week, I have already received permission from my old guidance counselor so I can go to my old high school, walk around the halls, and sit at the lunches to do my observations.
There are not a lot of major things that can go wrong for me and my observations, that is, unless girls decide to fall off the face of the Earth for two weeks. And if this happens then I would be shit out of luck. Something like if I wasn’t feeling very well for a day or two would give me less time to observe, but even then I still would have the rest of the week to observe at my disposal. Another thing that could slow down my observations would be, and this will most likely happen; if I get lazy and don’t feel like doing my observing for the day. I know that I won’t have any troubles observing the high school girls, because for that week I have permission to be there every day that week. But if any thing does go wrong, I will still have plenty of days to make up for it.

No comments: