Monday, March 3, 2008

last minute work

do you ever get the feeling when you have 20 minutes untill class and you have something important like homework or an essay due and you havent even started it yet? you whip it out and when your teacher gets it, they look at it and think that either A) it was obviously done five minutes ago and im not even going to accept this, or B) this has very good insight/ put time and effort into this deserves a check plus. How abot studying for a test? do you study all week or do you study the night before? I think that depending on what type of person you are, you either crack under pressure, or you use the pressure to your advantage.
I am the type that uses the pressure to my advantage. When i am on a tight time schedule, i find that i do my best work. this is especially true when studying for a test. In some cases , people study a week in advance for a test and usually they tend to remember information better then someone who studies the night before. I dont remember crap if i study one thing a night. BY the next day, ive already forgotten it. However, if i study the night before its like i remember reading the exact page in the book and i visualize what i read. i find that if i do homework right before class i get it done in much better quality. my handwriting is clearer and it works out more perfectly. although i do like to get work done i do take my time on it. It is difficult to tell wether my work was done yesterday or an hour or two before class started. although i usually dont have to worry about getting things done on time, there is the occasional fault that i stay up all night and do not get anything done or even if i do sleep i wake up late or something like that. anything like that makes me want to get it done faster and for some reason it always comes out better
I recently played in a pool tournament. before that day i was playing rather poorly and didnt think i woukdve done well. when i woke up that day i went downstairs and i played my best and it turned out to be the best i have ever done and my and my friend finished second. it is funny how some people will just fall to pieces when it comes to things like game tournaments. while they do worse, i do better.

1 comment:

choward3816 said...

I feel like I can relate to you a lot. I used to be the type of person that waits until the last minute to do my work, however I realized that it didnt work well for me and now I have my work done a day in advance to keep me from getting stressed out. But I completely know where you are coming from.