I believe that dreams are the images, thoughts and feelings that one experiences while asleeping, and is strongly associated with rrapid eye movement sleep.
Not too long ago I had a dream that my aunt had a beautiful baby boy at a family gathering. The gathering was in an open field were there were hill tops covered with all types of flowers and different shades of grasses.It was simply amazing. I have never had a dream that was filled with such vibrant colors.Colors like light green, chartreuse, green yellow,Fuchsia,Dark Khaki,Deep Sky Blue mix with yellow and a little pink.There were so many bright colors in my dream that I felt like I was looking at this world with untrained eyes that felt like they were blistering up. That is how bright and beautiful this dream was.Well any way I was running through the field and I saw all of these joyous children running as well.
Suddenly I run into this child while he or she is picking up their ball and I see something that I unfortunately do not like.To what I thought I saw as he or she bent down to grab the ball were symbols that looked like "666" on his or her scalp hidden behind his or her blond hair.When the child came back up I looked at his or her face and it was not there. I was completely gone and it kind of looked like their face was washed or smudged away. I did say anything to that child. I just ran away and when I did it was like I had forgotten that horrible encounter.But it seemed a little strange to see such a thing. Don't you think so ? When I first saw this image I thought of my mother telling me to pray to god in my dream to prevent these horrible images from appearing in my mind but what do I know I never listen to her. I just forget about that and welcome whatever is to come.
As I continue my way into the realm of my dream I see even more elegant fields of wild California Poppy's, Maximilian Sunflowers, Texas Bluebonnets etc., and a magnificent forest that was formed in a sort of horse shoe shape along side the tall hills.It was an eye sore to just try to look at the top of the hill top but I did. I even claimed that monstrous hill just because. When I got to the top of the hill top I thought to myself what a sight it was .I could see everything so clearly like a photograph.I thought to myself it could not get any better that this.I could see my family for the first time celebrating joyously without any negative atmosphere flowing around them, I could see the way the tops of the trees swayed with the ever so crisp lemon scent breeze,as if the breeze were to ask the trees to dance,and I could see that beautiful red Orange, crimson sun over the horizon of that flawless clear velvet sky. Wow! If I had the ability to stay forever in this dream world I would but I knew that it is not possible. So I just lied back and drifted off into a daydream in my dream.Ha! Ha! Ha!
Then suddenly someone yells out my name. At first I thought that is just the clatter of my thoughts moving around in my mind but then I heard it again.This time I stood up to see who it was that was yelling my name.It was my cousin Priscilla yelling up from the bottom of the hill. Although I knew that she was yelling to me I could not hear her. So I decided to go down to see what was the matter but there was a problem. The hill top was so steep that I was afraid that I might come tumbling down it but I knew that I could not just ignore her. So I gathered all of my courage and carefully jogged down the hill.As I jogged down the hill I tripped on a rock that seemed to be dug into the ground.When I tripped I lost my balance and was going to land straight on my face.As I rapidly fell to a torturous spin bending doom I started to float in the air. I do not know what allowed me to float but I did not worry about that.I flew all the way down the hill towards my cousin.
When I arrived down the hill she told me that my aunt was having the baby. At this point I was very excited of the arrival of a new family member but I was a little pissed off because I could have broken my neck jogging down that hill.Everyone was every where but there was one big circle surrounding someone.At that moment I thought I knew it was too good to be true. I knew that My family could not survive not even one nice gathering without one fight and or quarrel.Slowly walking towards Priscilla, I asked her who was fighting this time. She looked at me like I was an idiot. Then she told me that it was my aunt that was surrounded by everyone having the baby. I went into complete shock mode.How could she have the baby out here on the grass.Then I heard the sweetest and scariest voice I could have ever heard.
It was my aunts voice.My aunt is the sweetest person you would ever meet. She is always smiling but I never seen a face like this combined with such a kind voice. A pregnant women.Men watch out because this is when they are the most fragile and fermium of all time. So if you like your hands I suggest that you not get too close to that lovely flower of your because she will grab anything that she could compress all of her energy into. She will use you like an antenna to conducting the electric volts of lightening into your hand,leg anything.Well anyway I was yelled at by my mother (the new fonded lightening rod of Zeus)to go get some towels for my aunt.
Going up these flight of stairs never felt more torturous in my life than today.Possibly because I do not know maybe it was it was three flights of stairs.Well I got the towels and ran down the stairs. I was excited I could not wait to see if it was a boy or a girl.Then once I arrive back with the towels they tell me that they do not need them anymore. Ooh!!! I was so pissed but I cooled down because I wanted to see the baby.
Before anyone can kiss and or slobber all over the baby I received the child personally from the barer of the child one who yells the loudest.I caress the child in my arms,hold him and check him out. I announce that it is a baby boy. It was wonderful. I walk in the building to the first, second,and third floors and announced the news.Finally when I get up to the third floor I show everyone the baby .When I show my grandmother she is so happy but for some reason I am distracted by something.I look at the pot and I ask my grandmother what she is cooking and she tells me yellow rice.For some reason when I look at the tiny grains that are along the outside of the pot they start move. Then there is when I find out that the grains of rice are tiny maggots.
I then woke up called my mother and told her about my dream and to my and her surprise as well that exact day she had just found out that my aunt was pregnant.THis was one of the most amazing dreams that I have ever had.
After having this dream I wondered to myself how long does a dream last? Well since I was so intrigued by the many dreams that i have I decided to find it out. I used the Google search engine, and typed in the question,"How long is a dream?" I had found out that the time period of a dream is called a Rem period. A REM sleep period are dreams that last as long as five to forty five minutes long,even though the known time that is spent in a dream is much longer than that. A reason for such a time stretch in a dream would possibly be because dreams are combined from pieces that have their own different setting in time. A dreamer would first dream of something that possibly happened a year ago, then following that dream would possibly come something that occurred just recently, then the dreams would blend together and the dreamer is left with a feeling of a dream that lasted the length of a year.That is pretty incredible if I say so myself but experiments that have been conducted suggest that dreamed actions run in real time. So what a dreamer would do in his or her dream would take exactly this time to dream. With external influences from the dream, like the radio running in the morning, the dreamer would have both the real time in which you hear something and sometimes the feeling that it the dream lasted longer than expected. Time is definitely the apprehending aspects that is heavily distorted in ones dreams.
Of course every person on earth dreams every night. As a matter a fact even mammals dream . It must be that something extremely wonderful must be going on while we sleep and dream, even though in the industrialized world that we live in today, a great number of people pay little attention to there dreams, and sometimes deprive themselves of sleep because it is apprehended as a loss of time and unproductive. It is amazing that we human beings would deprive ourselves of such a luxurious feeling to rest and rejuvenate oneself. It is just like depriving oneself mind of oxygen. Without oxygen you can not breath ,therefore you can not function. Same goes for the body. Without sleep your body will feel tired, you cannot think straight, therefore your mind and body will fail at any productive activities you do.Dreams encompass an entire dimension of experience, a world as yet unexplored by most, where a fascinating world of activity awaits discovery and possible harvest for greater fulfillment in waking life. The challenge is again the same common daily experience for the average person offers little proof of this other reality, let alone the possible value of this other dimension of experience, unless one can gain perspective from outside the nine to five work day structure.Dreams relate mental skills such as dream recall or dream interpretation and information on subjects such as the meaning of nightmares or foreknowledge dreams is not usually taught in our institutions, and the majority of our parents knew or passed on little about the value of dreams as we grew up. So it is no big surprise that many adults remember a few or no dreams at all, and even more rarely think or set out to interpret the guidance and mine the jewels of creative inspiration hidden just below the surface of consciousness in dreams. Basically, nobody told us or showed us how dreams can be extremely practical.The result of where this long-standing trend of disregarding dreams has brought society is that the current misdirected notions about the value of dreams are not only extremely misunderstood, but also represent and even brought along a lack of connection with the subconscious and our own deeper nature. This artificial rift may indirectly, or even rather directly be the source for many of our current personal, cultural and planetary social, political, and environmental challenges.One solution towards re balancing and integration on a personal and eventually a planetary level, is for each of us to realize and begin to investigate how our personal dreams, at very least, each night offer a direct means to explore inner reality and gain unique, undeniable experiences of deep personal value. Dreams do indeed offer opportunities for fun, adventure, wish fulfillment, creativity, deep personal insight and healing and dreams offer all this at no cost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment